What are cookies?
A cookie is a small piece of text sent to your browser by a website you visit. It helps the website to remember information about your visit, like your preferred language and other settings.
Cookies are mainly divided into two types:
These cookies contain data to garantee the functionality of the web site and to provide the requested services such as navigation or login action. Without these cookies some parts of the web site are not working properly.
These cookies are used to track the navigation of the user over the internet and to create a profile of his interests, habits and choices. Cookies like these can be used to display advertisements or products based on the users profile.
How can you prevent the storage of cookies?
By changing your browser settings you can deactivate or delete cookies. The deactivation of cookies can lead to an improper way of functioning of some web sites.
Here is how you find the appropriate browser settings:
1. Open Internet Explorer.
2. Click on Extras followed by a click on Internet Options.
3. Click on the tab Privacy.
1. Open Mozilla Firefox.
2. Click on the menu icon and choose Preferences.
3. Open the tab Privacy.
4. Next to "Firefox will:" choose "Use custom settings for history".
1. Open Google Chrome.
2. Click on the menu icon and choose Settings.
3. Click on "Show advanced settings...".
4. In the section "Privacy" click on "Content settings".
Furthermore the web site www.youronlinechoices.eu of the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance offers the possibility to disable non tecnical cookies of third party services.
+39 0473 562717